Allergies despite not being diseases can severely affect your health for weeks. As allergy is defined as hypersensitivity reaction to a particular allergen; symptoms vary greatly in intensity with types of allergies. Check out the list we’ve compiled for you below from Aroundclock.com.
Before we get on with exploring available allergy relief, it becomes important to know the types of allergies that commonly affect us.
Types of Allergies
Broadly speaking, there are only three types of allergies, which affect us commonly. These include:
· Food allergies – Adults are mainly vulnerable to shellfish including crayfish, shrimp, and lobster; sometimes eating peanuts which manifest in the form of severe anaphylaxis (sudden drop of blood pressure,) which if not taken care off, could lead to loss of life. Adults can’t get rid of allergies. Children are differently affected by food and eggs, milk and chocolates are the common allergens that affect them.
· Inhalant allergies – Pets, dust mites, outdoor air pollutants like pollens are the chief allergens. Formaldehydes, molds, occupational allergies etc fall under this category. The most common manifestation is bronchitis and asthma. Symptoms include inflammation, sputum secretion and contraction of respiratory system resulting in loss of breath.
· Contact allergies – Chemicals and fumes, insect bites, allergic contact eczema, leather are the triggers. Symptoms include redness, itchy, deep blisters, scaly patches and weepy skin.
Allergy relief is both by preventive and medication methods. Of course one finds resorting to medication provides fast relief but preventive relief is always a preferred choice.
Preventive Allergy Relief
Parents of allergic children and adult allergic patients must find out the allergens that trigger the symptoms. Physicians can guide you locate them exactly. Preventing the allergens like foods for which you have a fetish can be too tough in comparison to avoiding dust which is to bronchitis.
Here are some useful quick tips
· Medical examination is critical for pinpointing the exact allergen
· Maintain a diary of eating habits and your symptoms
· Get clarified what food intolerances and poisoning are to avoid problems
· Scrutinize food ingredients’ labels before using
· Avoid or minimize carpets and upholstered furnitures
· Keep home neat and tidy to avoid dust; a vacuum cleaner helps best
· Woolen blankets, pets, window grills, slots and cluttered corners are dust attractants take good care of them
· Using damp mops to floor cleaning prevents dust from flying
· Use air purifiers like HEPA filters, germicidal UV lights, activated carbon or electrostatic air filters which remove allergens to a finest degree.
Medication for allergy relief must be administered by doctors depending on the severity of symptoms. Check out Aroundclock.